Monday, November 15, 2010

Dream Act Ally from Indiana - Will you stand in and fast for the dream act in solidarity like Dr. Smiley and many others?





To Texas Dream Act Hunger Strikers:


I have contacted Lugar, Bayh, and Carson's offices directly to let them know I not only support your efforts but will be joining you. Hope this helps, ads




Message sent to the following recipients:
Representative Carson
Message text follows:

Azure Dee Smiley
Speedway, IN 46224


November 15, 2010

[recipient address was inserted here]


Dear [recipient name was inserted here],

My name is Dr. Azure Dee Smiley. I am a registered democrat, I live in your
district, and have visited your office numerous times on behalf of the
Council for Exceptional Children. I really enjoyed our conversations
around the use of hip hop in the K-12 classroom. As you may remember I am
a professor in the school of education at the University of Indianapolis.
I wanted to request that you support the Dream Act in the upcoming "lame
duck" session. As a scholar in the field of multicultural education I
believe strongly that both qualitative and quantitative data are showing
us that this act is vital for our youth, our future, and our fiscal
stability. I would be happy to discuss this further with you if you have
questions.

Sincerely,


Dr. Azure Dee Smiley


--
Azure Dee Smiley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Special Education and Multicultural Education
UIndy

Educators as Decision Makers: Creating, Collaborating, Communicating

"No nation has become high-achieving by sanctioning schools based on test-score targets and closing those that serve the neediest students without providing adequate resources and quality teaching."
Linda Darling Hammond, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment