Monday, November 15, 2010

Dream Act Ally from Indiana - Will you stand in and fast for the dream act in solidarity like Dr. Smiley and many others?

To Texas Dream Act Hunger Strikers:

I have contacted Lugar, Bayh, and Carson's offices directly to let them know I not only support your efforts but will be joining you. Hope this helps, ads

Message sent to the following recipients:
Representative Carson
Message text follows:

Azure Dee Smiley
Speedway, IN 46224

November 15, 2010

[recipient address was inserted here]

Dear [recipient name was inserted here],

My name is Dr. Azure Dee Smiley. I am a registered democrat, I live in your
district, and have visited your office numerous times on behalf of the
Council for Exceptional Children. I really enjoyed our conversations
around the use of hip hop in the K-12 classroom. As you may remember I am
a professor in the school of education at the University of Indianapolis.
I wanted to request that you support the Dream Act in the upcoming "lame
duck" session. As a scholar in the field of multicultural education I
believe strongly that both qualitative and quantitative data are showing
us that this act is vital for our youth, our future, and our fiscal
stability. I would be happy to discuss this further with you if you have


Dr. Azure Dee Smiley

Azure Dee Smiley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Special Education and Multicultural Education

Educators as Decision Makers: Creating, Collaborating, Communicating

"No nation has become high-achieving by sanctioning schools based on test-score targets and closing those that serve the neediest students without providing adequate resources and quality teaching."
Linda Darling Hammond, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment